This is a simple and light dish to make for summer. It makes use of vegetables available at any corner farm-stand or market.
Arctic Char with Panzanella Salad
Author: The Highland Chef
- 5 Tbsp canola oil
- 5 slices rye bread
- 8oz room temperature butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- ½ bottle dry white wine
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 fillets arctic char with the skin on
- Heat a pan with one ounce of the canola oil on medium heat.
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- Set aside the croutons and let cool.
- Lightly cook the shallots with one ounce of the butter.
- When the shallots look translucent add the wine and let reduce by half on medium heat.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let cool until just warm to the touch.
- Slowly mix in the remaining butter.
- After the sauce thickens add the lemon juice.
- Heat a sauté pan with the canola oil until it just starts to smoke.
- Sear the fish with the skin side down.
- When the juices start to come to the top turn the fish over and finish cooking on the other side.
- Mix the rye croutons the vegetables just before service.